TAI CHI CLASSES ARE FAST BECOMING ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR COMPONENTS OF CORPORATE WELLNESS PROGRAMS AROUND THE WORLD.
Tai chi is an easy and inexpensive way to improve employee health and productivity.
Tai chi is both relaxing and re-energising for employees, without the pain or strain that can accompany other more physically demanding types of exercise. It improves both mental and physical health in one gentle activity.
Onsite tai chi classes and workshops are the perfect choice for either:
- An ongoing workplace wellness program
- Staff training or team building days (great as an ice breaker)
- Corporate conferences or wellness events
WHAT IS TAI CHI?
Tai chi traces its roots to an ancient Chinese form of exercise that was designed to improve the physical health of monks who spent the day meditating. Naturally, these monks included meditation and mindfulness in their physical exercises, and thus tai chi evolved as a way to improve both mental and physical health.
The movements of tai chi are slow and relaxed, making it ideal for staff of all ages and fitness levels. They are performed in combination with breath and meditation techniques, which is how tai chi combines the stress-relieving and health-enhancing benefits of exercise, breathwork, and meditation into a single form of practice.
THE BUSINESS CASE – HOW WILL YOUR ORGANISATION BENEFIT FROM TAI CHI?
Introducing a workplace tai chi program for employees can improve your company’s performance in several ways:
- Reduced Absenteeism and Increased Staff Retention
Tai chi’s proven mental health benefits (such as reduced stress) and physical health benefits (such as improved immune functioning) address the two biggest fundamental underlying causes of absenteeism and staff turnover.
- Increased Productivity
Reducing stress, building resiliency, and clearing the mind allows staff to focus for longer periods and thus boosts energy and concentration. Improving physical health reduces distraction from aches and pains to reduce “presenteeism”. Staff feel revived and energized, increasing their efficiency.
- Increased Creativity
The meditative aspect of tai chi teaches practitioners to let go of attachment to thoughts and prejudices and thus opens the mind to “think outside the box” and be more creative.
- Ability to Access Flow States
Tai chi is a practice that is ideal for inducing a state of flow, the relaxed, focused state of concentrated engagement associated with efficiency and high performance in all fields of human endeavor.
BENEFITS OF TAI CHI OVER OTHER FORMS OF EXERCISE?
When deciding what type of exercise component to include in your corporate wellness program, we believe that you should consider the following benefits of tai chi:
- Tai chi requires no special equipment and minimal space, and is inexpensive and easy to implement.
- Tai chi, if taught and practiced properly, poses virtually no risk of injury (and will help rehabilitate existing injuries).
- Practice can take place in regular work attire, so no extra time is needed before or after for changing or showering.
- Tai chi reduces stress and improves mental and physical capability.
- Tai chi can be adapted to provide benefits to people of any age, fitness, or skill level.
- Tai Chi can be done in any comfortable setting, indoors or out.
HOW TAI CHI IMPROVES PHYSICAL HEALTH
An increasing amount of research by the medical community demonstrates that tai chi provides a range of health benefits:
- Tai chi provides a low-impact cardiovascular workout without any harmful side effects
- Tai chi can improve existing medical conditions such as diabetes, arthritis, allergies, asthma
- Tai chi can improve posture, reducing muscle strain and back pain
- Tai chi can improve balance, reducing falls and sprains
HOW TAI CHI IMPROVES MENTAL HEALTH
- Reduces stress and builds resiliency
- Increases mindfulness and mental agility
- Improves focus, concentration and alertness
- Encourages team spirit through group practice
- Improves interpersonal skills (less stressed staff will be more pleasant to customers and other employees)
OUR WORKPLACE TAI CHI PROGRAM EXPLAINED
We offer three types of services for corporations and workplaces:
- An ongoing workplace wellness program (10 week schedule)
- Staff training or team building days (e.g. ice breakers, etc)
- Corporate conferences or wellness events
All classes are taught by a qualified professional tai chi instructor with years of teaching experience. We offer introductory sessions, so you can verify that the teaching will be the highest standard of service available.
Workshops, seminars, and team building events can be scheduled on an as-needed basis (see our seminars page for the types of seminars we offer). Ongoing classes can be adapted between 45 minutes and 1 hour to fit into a lunchtime ‘lunch and learn’ program. In addition to the benefits gained from the sessions themselves, your staff will also be taught practical exercises they can do at their workstation on a daily basis. When including tai chi as part of your ongoing workplace wellness program the classes can be held weekly, fortnightly or monthly. Our expertise is in tailoring programs to suit your budget and specific needs.
We’re able to provide tai chi corporate classes and seminars anywhere in San Diego County.
CONTACT US TODAY!
For questions about purchasing corporate tai chi class packages, or hosting organizational seminars or workshops for staff training, team building, conferences, or anything else, please contact us!